May 24, 2022

Some weird habits/changes that I experienced in the first trimester

 1.I tend to spit a lot from Week 9 onwards. 

Like 10 mins ago, I spit a little, but it was roughly 5 times in  6 mins!  Thank god, I am not the only one after researching it from google. So what I did is to prepare an empty cup , put it next to my working desk, and spit whenever I wish to. 


Sounds gross? It is. But I can't help and I feel like want to vomit or irritated if I didn't spit. 

What causes excessive spitting in pregnancy?

It's thought to be caused by pregnancy hormones changing how your salivary glands work. The nerves that control salivation are more stimulated than usual. Salivating too much often goes hand in hand with nausea (pregnancy sickness) and severe sickness (hyperemesis gravidarum).
Source:babycenter.co.uk
What can I do about excess saliva during pregnancy?
Tell your provider that you have excessive saliva so she can help you identify and treat any underlying problems, such as nausea, vomiting, or heartburn. There may not be much else you can do, although some women report that the following measures help:
  • Brush your teeth, and use mouthwash several times a day.
  • Eat small, well-balanced meals often, and don't eat a lot of starchy food.
  • Drink plenty of water. Keep a water bottle handy, and take small sips frequently. (This also helps you stay hydrated.)
  • Swallow any excess saliva if you can. Also, try sucking on hard candy or chewing sugarless gum. This won't make you produce less saliva, but it will make it easier to swallow the saliva you do produce.
  • If swallowing your saliva makes you feel nauseated, spit out the excess into a tissue, washcloth, or cup.
Source: Baby center 




2. Bleeding gums

Also started from Week 8 Day 5 like that. The gums bleed every time when I just normally use my toothbrush to scrape and food stain and it bleed. Then the next thing I feel is the blood taste in my mouth.  

updated at 21 weeks : I still spit a lot nowadays 

2.Bleeding gums  

Changing hormone levels—the culprit behind most pregnancy symptoms—can increase blood flow to your nostrils and leave your gums feeling swollen and sensitive, especially during the second trimester. In a recent study, Dutch researchers found that bleeding gums are one of the most common oral changes pregnant women face.

I asked my dentist friend. She said that this is caused by the hormonal change. 

Bleeding gums shows the gum in inflamed. Just brush more on the bleeding gum area to reduce the plaque formation

Generally gum inflamed is more common during pregnancy due to hormone changes. Nevertheless, don't worry as the bleed from gum is usually not significant

Can gargle with salt water too. Just maintain the gum hygience more will do.

3.White discharge in the urine

Dont worry, it is completely normal.  

Almost all women have more vaginal discharge in pregnancy. This is quite normal and happens for a few reasons. During pregnancy the cervix (neck of the womb) and vaginal walls get softer and discharge increases to help prevent any infections travelling up from the vagina to the womb. Increased levels of the hormones progesterone can also make you produce more fluid.

Increased discharge is a normal part of pregnancy, but it’s important to keep an eye on it and tell your doctor or midwife if it changes in any way.


Source: pregnancy birth baby. au

 

4.Burping 

I feel that burping makes me feel extra better. It also lifts my mood. 
It is either I spit or I burp that make me feel better. But burping is so much better that spit!   

Burping eases my bloating, nausea and making me relax! 
My frequency of burping is not as frequent so it will not distrub my daily routine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! <3 <3
I really motivated when I saw people do read and make effort to comment everytime! TQ!