July 6, 2022

Pregnancy diary - Week 24 -26

Week 26 -Crying like hell

I watch 蓝色生死恋 drama summary in youtube and I cried like hell. 






Week 26 -Sleeping habit

For week 26, I would wake up sometimes in the middle of the night. I also don't know why. Sometimes, It does make me sleepy on the second day, sometimes it doesn't


What I enjoy is I could be woken up due to baby's kick, and I would happily caress my belly. The baby moves quite strongly, esp when I lie down sideway I can even feel the 'knuckle' not sure it is the knees, or head, or elbow or any other body parts.

It is like an intimate session of interaction between my baby and me because the whole wide world is sleeping at this time, hahaha.

If I feel sleepy, then I would just ignore the baby's kick and sleep.



SLEEPING POSITION



It is true that I would quite often..nowdays...feeling want to puke when I lie down on my right side. I can lie down straight with back on the bed for a short 1-5 mins, then need to turn already.



Week 26 -Financial Management


Knowing that my income would reduce significantly, I started to feel paranoid, not really paranoid la, but just planning ahead


What I have done so far.

1. Switch my calcium tablets 600mg + Vitamin D3 from Amway (3 tablets ) to Blackmore (1 tablets).

2. Switch Amway toothpaste to a normal toothpaste.... should I ? I am so used to the Amway toothpaste which is not too spicy already.


By default, a pregnant one should have 1000mg of calcium intake daily. Other calcium rich food that I can have in my daily intake

Yogurt Cheese

Milk

Tofu

Green leafy vegetable

updated 25th July 2022

Recently, I have trouble sleeping at night. It could be due do the lack of magnesium intake in my body. So I plan to buy the calcium tablets which has magnesium.


The Amway Nutrilite Calcium-Magnesium D2 tablets fit the bill. So I learn that...I cannot only look at the price, but also must consider the nutrition content too. Also, I didn't know precisely what will be lack of magnesium cause. 😜😜



Magnesium in bodily function  (source: babycenter.com)
It plays an important role in nerve and muscle function 
It helps to maintain normal blood pressure. 
It also helps your baby build strong teeth and bones.

Magnesium is plentiful in seeds, whole grains, some fish, leafy green vegetables, and some legumes. Some common food sources include:

  • 1 ounce pumpkin seeds, roasted: 156 mg
  • 1 ounce chia seeds: 111 mg
  • 1 ounce almonds, dry-roasted: 80 mg
  • 1/2 cup spinach, boiled: 78 mg
  • two large biscuits shredded wheat cereal: 61 mg
  • 1/2 cup black beans, cooked: 60 mg
  • 1 ounce edamame, shelled and cooked: 50 mg
  • 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter: 49 mg
  • 1 3.5-ounce potato, baked with skin: 43 mg
  • 1/2 cup brown rice, cooked: 42 mg
  • 1 medium banana: 32 mg
  • 3 ounces farmed Atlantic salmon, cooked: 26 mg
  • 1/2 cup cubed avocado: 22 mg

Source: Babycenter.com 

Can you take magnesium supplements while pregnant?

You probably don't need to take magnesium supplements while you're pregnant because it's not hard to meet your magnesium requirement with a healthy, varied diet. Also, magnesium is included in some prenatal vitamins.


However, what happen if you don't have enough healthy diet? The RDI  (Recommended Dietary Intake) for me is 360mg/day. But you dont need to get all the 360mg from supplement, you can get it from some green leafy vege or other magnesium rich food too , like banana, avocado , yogurt 


2nd piece of reading about calcium and magnesium HERE. 





Potassium mainly helps with the regulation of  Fluid Balance


Week 26 Day 5 -I get hungry easily

For the month of June, I spent quite a lot on food. I mean, I feel like this is the first time I spend so much after coming to KL for 5 or 6 years.

Nowadays, I eat little in a meal, but I eat frequently. Ended up, I spend  a lot on food.  Last time, I can easily resist the buying food temptation. but this time, during the pregnancy, I just buy only la. I buy whatever food that makes me happy, ended up, I spend a lot on food. LOL  


For example, 

1pm - lunch , Lei Cha 

3pm - Feeling hungry , go and make Legumes , yogurt mix 

5pm - Dinner again , Lei Cha 


If you said that drinking water can help to make me feel full, it doesn't really work on me as for now. 

I drink, 

after some time, 

I pee the water out. ...Very fast LOL 



My body mass is 63kg before pregnancy. 

At the end of the first trimester - 58 kg (due to the no appetite on a lot of food)

Now - at 26 weeks, 2 more weeks before the third trimester ... body mass fluctuate between 62-64kg. 

Baby weight is estimated to be 1kg as of the time of writing 


This makes me wonder...Should I eat more?  

I guess I should eat more frequently and eat more healthily. 

Week 26 -First official visit to UMMC

28th June 2022

Went to UMMC (University Malaya Medical Center) alone for the first time today. I reached  9am, then 20 mins to look for car park alone. The journey in the morning was quite frustrating. My baby is kicking/twisting strongly in the womb, and it was slightly discomfort. 

While I was rushing to UMMC because if I reach too late, they will postpone my appointment to another later date. Another time I was so frustrating is because I went out at 7.30am, expected to reach 8.15am including the traffic jam duration. But I google the wrong place, and went to the wrong place , ended up reach at 9am. 


Luckily , everything was quite smooth after that. Fast queue, registration, ...then it was the time I went up and down at the building of clinic ibu mengandung /bangunan wad bersalin 


The event went like this . 

9.20am -Finally reached the lobby , quickly queue up 

9.30pm - Finally my turn to the registration counter, passing up the necessary doc , go out to the Bahagian Hasil to pay RM1K delivery booking deposit 

9.50am - Bring the Rm 1K receipt back to the registration counter....get receipt from the registration kakak 


10am - Go to Jururawat counter 2 to do the routine blood pressure, urine test , body mass screening. The nurse also looked into my pink book , and tell me that I need to perform 

-blood test for HIV

blood test for antibody screening 

-NO need for minum air gula (OGTT), as I have got it done in KK 


10.30am - Move from Level 2 to level 1 Ultrasound scanning. Looong waiting time. 

Bought a cup of hot milo, 2 pieces of pastry , a bottle of plain water while waiting. 


12pm. Finally my turn for ultrasound scanning. Baby saids Hi to me! and I feel a bit discomfort/ slight mild pain whenthe sonographer pressed on my belly whenever baby moves during the ultrasound scanning. 


12.30pm - Go back to  Jururawat counter 2. The nurse brought me and another mummy to attend Lactation talk by the head nurse. UMMC  (Universiti Malaya Medical Center) is a mother friendly hospital. As for now, since the pandemic is slightly under control. They do allow one person to accompany the mom-to-be during the dilation and delivery. Which is a super great news! 


The talks talk about Lactation mainly.  like the 5W 1H lah. 
How to massage your boobs
Diet for more milk lactation
etc 

They also told us they will normally let the baby to have skin to skin touch of the new born to mother right after the baby comes out. They will put the freshly new born on your breast/ upper body la. 


1.15pm - Came out from the seminar room , went to waiting area to wait for Doctor consultation. ..like finally. 

1.30pm  - Finally my turn to meet doctor. The doctor that I met on that day is a Malay female, very friendly, and patient in answering all my doubt. Haha. And she explained clearly about the report for my anomaly scan (from the ULtrasound scanning) Next appointment to be made one month later  + ultrasound scan again.  

I stayed in the consultation in the room as this is the first time I met with the Gynae from UMMC, and they have no my medical/health record in the system. So the doctor spent more of the time keying in my medical record into the system.  


2pm - Done. Went for blood test (HIV and antibody) . THis station also around 20mins waiting time. Going back to the registration counter with the blood sample to make payment Rm 55 . and put the blood sample back to the lab along with the receipt. 
2.30pm - Went to registration counter and got the next appointment date. THE END.  

The moment I left the UMMC was around 3.30pm cause I also had my lunch there. Not bad. Quite a lot of selections in different buildings. Oh yea, the parking fee was RM 13.  


Week 26 -Trying Pilates

Went to learn Pilates on the first day of Week 26 . I think I need to stretch more, and also want to have the instructor to correct me on my posture for sitting, walking or any other workout that can be done to correct my posture and helping in smooth delivery. 


I still like swimming though. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! <3 <3
I really motivated when I saw people do read and make effort to comment everytime! TQ!