July 6, 2022

Pregnancy diary - Week 27 - Visiting KK - MGTT 2nd time

At my week 27



 Week 27 - Antenatal visit to KK

As usual , I paid visit to KK monthly. This time it was a special one.

1. I have glucose found in my urine.
2. I also have protein albumin found in my urine.

What does that mean?
1. I could have Gestational Diabetes Mellitus (GDM) . To confirm on that, I need to repeat another MGTT again. FYI, my first MGTT result was normal which I did at Week 26 was normal. So it is still fine, becase all Ineed to do is only to fast from 10pm the night before.


2. Protein albumin found in my urine
Parent.com : What does high protein in urine mean during pregnancy? A very high amount of protein in anyone's urine, formally called proteinuria, can be a sign of kidney problems. In pregnancy specifically, it's an indication of preeclampsia when combined with high blood pressure after 20 weeks' gestation



Mayoclinic :Preeclampsia is a complication of pregnancy. With preeclampsia, you might have high blood pressure, high levels of protein in urine that indicate kidney damage (proteinuria), or other signs of organ damage.

Pubmed : These data support 260 mg per 24 hours of urinary protein and 29 mg per 24 hours of albumin as the upper limit of normal in pregnancy.



Elaboration :
In short, it means that I could have kidney problem, which might be linked to preeclampsia. To investigate on that, I was required to collect 24 hours of urine and pass it to the lab in KK. and wait for the result. 

NOt only that, the doctor also wrote EOD BP  - Every Other Day, Blood Pressure. 
Meaning, I will have to get my BP (Blood Pressure) , Urine (Glucose and Albumin) monitored every other day. Not sure what is the reason for this. I just follow only. 


How I feel? 
I would be visiting various KK, Hospital for 5 times in JUly. That is enough to disturb my morning routine 😒😒😒. But Okay la, I just follow diligently , for the sake of my baby's health.  

Then I have to go back to KK to check BP, and conduct Urine test EOD for 2 weeks. THat one also very troublesome  😒😒😒


Then, to think further...It is good that the KK is quite strict when it comes to all of these, because this further ensure my baby's health. So, as much as I moan about the troublesome-ness. Iam happy that I have my healthy check at the optimum level. 

This incidence also prompt me to conduct body check-up every year after this. I mean. I know we should do body check-up annually, but I am not so aware about the consequence. But after this, I should really take care of my body. Also because, I am more than 30 yo already. Should get my health check since I would potentially become a mother, hahaahahah . 




It was one of the rare weekends that I dont have to teach. Haha. I mean I purposely cut down on my classes just so I can have more time to rest during the weekend. At the same time, some part of me feel ling going out, so I suggest WS to go play golf, since I miss going outdoor.  







Sifu gave us this while paying visit to Fo Guang Shan lately 





Drinking the healthy Herbal Life breakfast. Just want to try the feeling. 

I always anticipated for whatever they prepare for us every day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! <3 <3
I really motivated when I saw people do read and make effort to comment everytime! TQ!