December 27, 2021

A mini getaway at the Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur : Comfortable , Colonial and Great Services - Part 1

 It was finally the end of the year. The Christmas season, the holiday season and the time when you let loose of yourself and pamper yourself as you deserve it after working for all year long! So I booked this stay here in The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur as we deserve the vacation soooo much! Lol.  






Actually, I was very excited when I booked this. The hotel located in KL, it is all within the close proximity to the places like Petaling Street , Kwai Chai Hong  , Pavilion KL(shopping mall) and also Perdana Botanical Garden  and  Saloma Bridge. 

These are among some of the places that I have in my mind when I book a hotel in KL area. 
There are still many other  tourism hot-spots in KL area like Petronas Twins Tower, KL Tower and so on. This time,  I wish to pay visit the heritage -rich places since I was having the colonial accomodation.



However, due to the unexpected flash flood incident, we travelled to KL without our car , we took grab instead. Hence all we did is to stay the hotel. Eat, Sleep and repeat.  




The Room  



The view that first welcome first as we entered 



The mini pantry corner with coffee maker.  














Yes, you get to watch TV while bath. And there are 2 sinks. Each at one side.  But the vanity mirror only at one side. 



I forgot to prepare bathbombs, but we don't have car to drive to Pavilion , to the Lush to buy bathroom. Luckily, we managed to buy bathboom through Grab market. Quite convenient to be frank. Cost me Rm 16 + Rm 5 (delivery) in the end.  





One thing that I forgot to bring to the hotel is the bathbombs. I would highly suggest you do bring some if you are checking in hotel with bath tubs. Somehting that I would like to do!  

You can bring essential oil and bath bomb to spice up your bathtub bathing experience! 

Here are some of the places where you can get bath bombs

The nearest store is a pavilion from the Majestic Hotel if you want to buy it in person. 

I would love to drop by Lush to get one. I mean I know it is expensive (Rm 50 for one), but I was so in the holiday mood myself . Also, Lush selling Bathbomb that is fresh.
 (The freshier it is, the more fizzing it will be )

Or maybe, if you are someone who love DIY, you can make the bathbomb yourself and try it out! 





Although this photo is blur and seem meaningless, but it capture the holiday vibes! Me like it!  


The aesthetic  decor right outside the lift at the lobby area. Worth to take seconds look 


Dinner 


At the colonial cafe 




I love this so much. The free and easy moment of both of us. Although it is true that we will still look at the phone on and off. But I mean that's the people's lifestyle now, doesn't it? 

 

We thought that dinner at the Majestic Hotel is a buffet style dinner, but here as you can see. It is a simple 3-course dinner with 

1. soup 
2. main 
3.pudding 

For me, it is ordinary. A balanced meal with protein and vegetable. 

Wild Mushroom soup  with garlic crouton 


Served with hot bun & butter cream. 

You can have higher expectation when it comes to food like pastries bread...Food that served during high tea, because the Majestic Hotel is quite well known for its afternoon high tea session. 




Below are the main courses we have had. 

Chicken Breast , sauteed vegetables 


Pan-seared Barramundi (fish) with pea puree, sauteed vegetables 



Bread & Butter Pudding 








That's it a simple 3 course dinner.  We went to  explore around after the dinner. 
I like the warm , colonial aesthetic in this photo here. 





Also, I was surprised to find this baba-nyoya -ish vase here! 


As this blogpost is too long to continue, I would split the stay in the Majestic Hotel into 2 parts. 
Part 2 : The buffer breakfast!  


History of the Majestic Hotel 



Built in 1932, the original Hotel Majestic was designed by the Dutch architectural firm Keyes and Dowdeswell for the Trustees of the Estate of Loke Wan Tho, the youngest son of the businessman and philanthropist Loke Yew.

source: https://www.majestickl.com/majestic_story.html


Normally, we care about the comfortability when it comes to hotel. Just the history of this ancient-looking in the urban time is worth to study for. 


I mean, look at the neo-classical  embellish of the hotel and the bell boy, the receptionist and all the hotel staff are dressed in a colonial style era costume. It really brought me back to the time during the British occupation. 




Where to book ? 


Not sure if it is due to the covid pandemic outbreak period, I booked during the 11.11 sales. (Checked in Dec 2021) It was around Rm 470 nett  for one night stay including dinner and breakfast at the Agoda. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! <3 <3
I really motivated when I saw people do read and make effort to comment everytime! TQ!