January 4, 2021

High Tea @Colonial Cafe, The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur (Jan 2021)

 Happy New Year 2021! It's the page 2 of 365. How's your new year?   

It's the beginning of the year. My husband and I had make an arrangement to have a high tea at a British colonial style cafe. 


Before I went there, I thought it was just another 5-star hotel offering delightful finger foods. but then I was very impressed with their colonical style setting. 





The atmosphere somehow brought me back to the zaman penjajahan British  (the era of British occupation in Malaya) , it was so vintage, the lightning there were yellowish, along with the gold-ish decoration, it was a combination of British style vintage, classy and minimalist. I totally fall for it! So here am I going to show you the atmosphere of the colonial cafe in Majectic Hotel Kuala Lumpur. 


p/s: My husband laughed at the way I put the sentence. As in I had once lived in the zaman penjajahan British.  =P   . Even I myself also couldn't contain my laughter! LOL 









Pardon me if you feel that I have shown too much photos here, hehe. THis photo explains why. My seating corner has the perfect lightning for photograph! 

See! The beautiful soft natural light from ceiling. You can even nice photographs even in the afternoon. Oh btw, the afternoon tea starts from 3pm until 6pm. So yea, it was taken in the afternoon, worried less about the blazing hot sun because we have this shield (transparent ceiling) to cover us! 


I can stop apprasing the amazing soft natural light, it makes like 99% of your photos look good! even taken with a normal quality camera, it will still turns out good! 


So far this is the only indoor space that I've encountered that has such a beautiful soft natural light in door during the day time. 

THe last time I've seen such soft light (a man-made one) was in a wedding photography studio known as Precious Wedding Studio in SS2 

 It was about 20 mins waiting time. While waiting for our high tea to be served, we just took advantage of the fantastic natural lightning there and photographed. 






The Food

Finally, after 20-minute of waiting (and taking photos), the food was served in this exotic looking 3-tier copper  food stand? 

I kid you not, the glistening copper (or bronze)  3 tier food stand was heavy. 



As you can see , the scones were placed at the 2nd tier, so it was very natural for me to pick it first. and yes, it was crunchy and delightful. It golden-crusted warm original and berry scones was crunchy. Saw the strawberry jam and the butter cream on the right side?  

You can spray it on the scones, it tastes better! aside from the awesome crunchiness you get from chewing the scones. 




From left :Red velvet puffs , mini Chocolate swiss rolls , mini raisins . 

While browsing at the high tea photos from the Colonial cafe, I realised the dainty bites might change from time to time. During our patronage, we had these little finger food for the high tea. 

Red Velvet puff :This is my second favourite after the crunchy scones. It red velvelty cream inside was so smooth and sweet.Anyway, my husband claimed that it is too sweet for his liking. 


Mini Chocolate swiss roll : Just another average food on top food stand. Nothing special. 

Mini raisin bun :Yes, slight crunchy and soft inside. You can dip it with the butter cream or strawberry cream as well. 


Carrot cake : Too much carrot cake essence...or the vanilla essence , giving an overly strong of ..not-so-pleasant carrot cake taste. 


Sandwiches :It was normal , but I did enjoy the smoked salmon bread roll and the ham sandwich. I wondered why they don't have kaya butter bread, and  they could substitute it with croissant. 



Hot savouries, YUMMY! 

I like the way how their hot savouries were being served. They kept the food warm in the 'food heater'

The golden crusted, serve freshly savouries are worth coming for. (Something alike to dim sum, but in a western pastry style)


Your stomach will be very full to finish everything from the high tea. We had a break in between browsing phone , while eating. ...and again..taking photos. 








Everything was so glamorous, luxurious there, I mean the setting. and I personally love the old school vibe. So a few photos with the lavish setting there. 





Pricing : 
Rm 70 nett/ person - Colonial Cafe 
Rm 90 nett/person - The Drawing Room 
Rm 120 nett/ person - The Orchid Conservatory 

Afternoon Tea 
3pm - 6pm 
(Only available at the weekends - Sat & Sun)


The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! <3 <3
I really motivated when I saw people do read and make effort to comment everytime! TQ!