August 27, 2021

The 6 weeks baby - Part 2

 

The grief 



4th July 2021  5am 
Woke up and feeling so much energised and with a clear concious mind, the first thought - I had lost a baby. I felt like want to do something , to thank the baby for once came into my life. I also at the same time feel sorry, if it is my body condition that fail you,  or If I do not rest well, do not take enough nutrient to develop you. 



Another fact:
Counting from the date of the first day of missed period (as the first week),  my baby should be at 12 weeks during the checkup (The first pic that you see when you read this entry). 

Given that my period is irregular , it should be the size of 9 weeks too. 

However, the ultrasound scanning showed that my baby is the size of 6 weeks.It could be an indication that it was underdeveloped. It could also be many other factors. For that, I don't think i will comment much on this part. 



Something I could do to thank the baby for once coming into my life. I hope that you will be reborned into another good family. 

Actually, the heart sutra copying was intended for the baby, but strangely enoguh, after I have done copying, I also felt better, though still in grief, but felt that was a slight closure to it. 









At first, I didn't know that a small little miscarriage like this also need to go through pseudo-confinement. meaning a not-so-complete confinement but basically the whole point of the confinement is to rest more and eat nutritional food to regain the vitality 



In fact, my mom asked me not to belittle the power of rest. She even asked me to rest on the bed for one whole week.  


The first meal after miscarriage. My lao gong (husband) cooked one. He wants to ensure that I have got the proper balanced meal. 


and right after the meal, I had got to drink the 生化汤

生化汤  - 有助化瘀生新,排除恶露,调节子宫收缩及复原等功能,并预防子宫血肿。

 

Sheng Hua Soup - Improve blood circulation, clears stasis and clots, warms the middle section and disperses cold. Helps metabolism and expelling of lochia. Also helps the uterus to shrink back to shape and prevents uterine hematoma.


Source: Eu Yan Shang 



I was so happy and excited to drink the Sheng Hua Tang (soup) , it is a familiar taste that I had smelled before. I was so excited until I took the photo of it. Haha. 

It was the taste which a confinement lady once made for my mom when she had just given birth to my brother. It tasted so fragnant and flavoursome. I can have the whole bowl of it like drinking traditional CHinese Herbal Soup. 



辛苦我老公了, 要一直照顾我。 

我也是有本事照顾你的。 



We never tried any Traditional chinese herbs before. So I took this photo as it seems A LOT of tonic for me. So I took this as a memento. 





For evening tea  :Another bowl of Sheng Hua Tang, which I pleaseantly enjoy, hahaha. 




Meanwhile, he also enjoyed the cheesecake gifted by my brother, Kean Heng. The cheesecake was actually to celebrate that I had pregnant. 

Couldn't eat cheecake at the time, because I wasn't allowed to eat any of the cold drink/ cold food/ food from fridge. 


When the body is at optimum replenishment , then you will think about the sad thing again. We both doing heart sutra copy (抄心经) in memory of our loss little baby. 














Steam vegetarian fish  & Fried potato with minced pork 
蒸鱼 和 土豆丝炒肉碎

For dinner : Lao gong (husband) is truly an amazing cook ! I always tell him, if he is not an engineer, he could also sell food. It was delicious! 



5th July 2021  - The second day after miscarriage 





生化汤  -第三次

sheng hua soup - the third time 




This time, my lao gong also gave me the Wu Jin Wan to eat. 

Indication : Traditionally used for women after child-birth, for relief of stomach ache and regulate menstruation.

I guess I had started working by then. That explain the pic was taken on my working desk.




 6th July 2021  :Went back to hospital for post-miscarriage check up . 


and this was our view while waiting for doctor. I didn't feel really comfortable looking at it la. 


Dr Rafi from Hospital Umra prescribed me some antibiotic , amoxicilin to prevent bacterial infection in the uterus. 



That's also when I realised that I need to do something to really take care of my body to avoid going through suction and evacuation. 



Should I go for Suction Evacuation ?  


Suction Evacuation 

A surgical procedure in which the cervix is dilated (opened) and vacuum is used to remove tissue from the uterus. Also called suction aspiration and vacuum aspiration.



Typing error : Office Chair ,not "Office Hair"

I also wrote this during my weakest time. I experienced miscarriage on Sat,and my weakest condition was from Monday onwards.








Doctor also offers me to go for suction evacuation to remove all the remaining tissue in uterus before any possible risk like bacterial infection and inflamation could take place. For example,

Salpingitis Tunal infection Endometritis It could also possibly lead to Asherman Syndrome


some other information about miscarriage : Better Health Channel



Of course, hearing those terms and their symptoms scared me a lot, because I want to conceive again, of course I want a healthy womb to make sure that my future baby can stay inside comfortably. 

So we went to seek second opinion to see suction evacuation is required for my condition or not. 

As you can see on the bottom photo above. The remaining tissue is only 5.2mm thickness. There is actually nothing much to suck out. So the second doctor reassured me that there is no need to perform any suction evacuation or dilation and corettage. 

We both heaved a huge sign of relief hearing this. 


To regain vitality : Confinement Food


Then my sisters and brothers also sponsored me the confinement meal. They hoped that I can regain vitality and always be healthy.

I took order the confinement meal because I didn't dare to trouble my lao gong so much. He had to work from home and also need to take care of my diet. I actually had no idea what should I eat after miscarriage. We called my mum to ask for the food restriction and all.


Then After doing some reserch online. I went for Phoenix Signature Kitchen and order a one-week miscarriage meal. Then my husband does not need to cook, and worried cooking on the wrong food (food restriction)

and I can also get enough rest and get well-fed, hahahaha.


The first meal.




Each meal come with

a soup
a drink (dates or ginger)
a container of rice
a dish of vege
a main dish - meat (choice of chicken , pork or fish)


Since I ordered one week meal plan. So It comes with a total of 14 meals. Very delicious I would say. I still miss the food while writing this blogpost right now!

The founder of the Phoenix Signature Kitchen, Mun Foong is quite friendly , she would also share with me the contact of nice TCM doctor as she suggested me to go for TCM to improve my body condition.

Watch the video below to find out more about the delicious , nutritional , mouth-watering food from them

My testimonial for Phoenix Signature Kitchen
They are very generous with their food portion. And their food quality is not the average one, but a good quality one. They also cater for vegetairam meal. You can visit their wedpage to find out more.







Next, my mom also sent me a lot of food supplement so that I can regain my optimal self soon.



My husband don't really like to eat ginger, so I was so happy when I got to eat their ginger daily. This was their fried ginger here. It is salty and tasty, not like our usual ginger , taste literally like ginger only.


The aftermath of confinement




Most women who have miscarried have a period four to six weeks later



Honestly, I have never so looking forward to menstruation in my life. Having a menstruation to show that my body is healthy and is able to function well.


Also because I quite looking forward to my next pregnancy. and if that coming, I would rest as much as possible, lie on the bed to ensure that the baby and I are growing well.


My menstruation came after around 4 weeks, but the thing is I have been experiencing menstruation for 18 days straight, but only 2 or 3 days of menstruation with heavy blood flow.

26th Aug 2021
Doctor said that I have hormone imbalanced.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! <3 <3
I really motivated when I saw people do read and make effort to comment everytime! TQ!