February 9, 2015

Review: Tower Regency Hotel, Ipoh

Harlo, I am not yet back in Action. BUt since I have accumulated so many pending post, I should clear some of them this weekend. So, this post I gonna review about my Deluxe Room staying in Tower Regency & Apartment in Greentown Ipoh! 


Oh first, let me make this clear. It's my own honest review yea. I didn't receive any cent from the management for this review. 


Located in Greentown Ipoh, this is consider one of the skycraper in Ipoh. Their highest floor is to up 20??  By the way, this is my Deluxe King room which I booked from agoda for Rm 170 that included breakfast for two.

Intially, the price is Rm152 shown in agoda. But after the 10 % service charge and 6% government tax, it went up to total of Rm170.

I stay in 13th Floor. Could find the trace of aging of Tower Regency Hotel everywhere. The old wooden cupboard, brick wall, and the filthy carpet in the corridor to rooms. I could even smell the cigarattee in the corridor. Like =.=....I am here for vacation, not to be second hand smoker. However, I will still stay in this hotel in the future, as the condition in the room is totally different from the condition in the corridors.



Service from the hotel Personnel

What I like about this hotel is the service from the hotel personnel whether they are bellboy, receptionist, chef or technician.

First, after our checked-in, the aircond in our room cannot function well, the room is hot like sauna evne after 1 hour, so  the technician came to rescue like 10 minutes later. He politely request to enter our room, and help us to check. Thumbs up for the manner that he spoke to us. So polite and friendly!

Second, This is actually the room after we requested the front desk receptionist to change for us. The view of the previous room is also not as nice as this one.  Because they were some other guests who stay beside our room, and they keep making noise and smoke. I really hate to smell cigarette. So I request to change to a room free from the cigarette smoke. To my surprise, YES, they agree! and about 10 minutes later, a bell boy came to our room and help us to carry our luggage to another room of the same floor somemore!  I really felt like I should tipping them, but I didn't do it anyway~~ haha.


Third, during the breakfast buffer, I ask the chef where is the location of the cup. And one of them go to the beverage section to take for me somemore! (NOte: I was in coco-crunch area, where I wanted to drink the milk only, but only bowl was there.)


Only one thing that make me feel a little not welcome, a waiter didn't allow me to take photo of the food during the breakfast buffet. (I was like.... +.+ I am helping you to promote ler). Anyway, that's not the main point of this post.



The Room

 The landscape outside my room.

Spot the Kinta River Front hotel?? Intially I plan to stay there, but it was a little expensive for our budget.


 When I first entered the room... so spacious!! Like the ground with layered with wooden plank, when our feet won't feel that cold.

 The angle from my king-size bed.  A mix of old furniture and modern plasma tv!

 What I wanna show in this pic, is SPACIOUS!

 SPACIOUS pic the second.

Didn't get to order any of them. I can eat other better delicacy as there were many eateries nearby!


Coffee table


Look like didn't function right, but it's actually cold. Perhaps because the room is only operated when the card is inserted into the key holder. So, the fridge only work when people check in. Smart weh~~~


Strangely, there is also another mirror beside the coffee tea maker here. Anyway, I don't feel anything about this. More mirrors means you can easily find a place to make up, hahaha.


Bathroom

Another SPACIOUS bathroom!


And this is to show how large the mirror is. Not only I can capture myself , I can capture the landscape of bathroom too!

The toiletries and hair dryer.


Buffet Breakfast
The food is totally halal



Not a spledid one. For me, I am satisfied as I only paid Rm 170 for the service. However, to avoid wastage, they charge Rm 5  fine per table for the leftover food. Guess this is the habit of Malaysian huh ? Being greedy all the time until the hotel have to come out with this policy. 


Other

Facilitiy wise, this hotel come with mini swimming pool, mini gym, and sauna, free for guest! I didn't try on them. As the swimming pool don't look inviting. It's just a mini swimming pool in the middle of building. Besides the cafe.


 Also, there is a grocery shop like 7-eleven at the reception floor that closed at 10pm.

 Didnt expect to see pub in this hotel. The interior decoration is okay, and very cold. Just wander, it's Saturday, why no one come here to lepak one?


 Found this piano at the reception floor! I don't know how to play piano. But I guess it would be very excited if you know you can play piano freely here?

Besides, they also provide the service of catering, ball, conference and prom night. The first prom night of my boyfriend was having here!



Verdicts: 

It's quite normal for a hotel equip with all the facilities. However, not all the facilities in this hotel stand out. I mean the gym is a mini one, so does the swimming pool. Hence another factors that will attract people is their location.


My bf and me went out for dinner hunt by just walking around the area.

All these were the eateries that I found throughout the exploration. This is just a minor part of all. There were afforable hawker center, vietnam bread, vietnam cuisine and beer. Brick and Barrels also within the walking distance from the hotel also. Perfect for those who have no car, but wanna to try nice food.  Also, I found out there were quite many body and foot massage center. And several mini inns in rustic and theme style. Soon, I found out that the mushrooming of hotel, inn and massage center actually rely on each other. #ifyouknowwhatImean. Neh, this is not the reason I am here.

Instead, I was drawn to the many of the delicacies here. I have seen "espresso lab" online before and always wanted to try it. That day, however, in the end, we didn't make it, because I am already too full for any food. For my dinner, I tried out something more fantastic! It's my first fine dining experience. Wanted to know more? Stay tuned for my first fine dining experience next post o! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! <3 <3
I really motivated when I saw people do read and make effort to comment everytime! TQ!