March 26, 2020

My life during the Malaysia MCO 25/3 - 14/4/2020


#Day17 Friday 3rd April 2020

-       Watched the movie ‘Now you see me’, then watched again ‘Now you see me 2 ‘
-       No workout /No reading
-       Crafting my second Toastmaster Speech
-       Checked my financial status
-       Ordered Food delivery. Tried Nasi Kunyit and the Thai Nasi….sth. Tuna PIzzagne is not as delicious as Hawaiian Pizzagne. 





#Day16 Thursday 2nd April 2020

-Watched ‘Pitched perfect 3’
-Video call with family
-No workout
-Recorded & Uploaded 4 teaching videos.
-Lesson preparation 











Day 15  Wednesday 1st April 2020 

1.       Joined TTDI toastmaster meeting











2.    





   Joined the dharma sharing + meditation by Saddha Yongjun
3.       Prepared for teaching lessons 
4.       Edited one video for online teaching content.
5.       Read news
6.       Workout
7.       Watched a little bit too much of youtube









How I feel today?
I feel like for the past 14 days, I don’t really care about the world outside other than myself. So I catched up a little bit by reading the latest news, watching some videos from local community.

I also feel like I somehow manage to regain myself, feeling a bit composed after really settle down, and staying calm , plus meditate a bit via the online meditation led by Saddha Yongjun.

Then when I look back, I was filled with guilt, because for the past few days, I’ve been wanting to buy something non-essential, handbag, beautiful clothes, etc. But when I see that I can actually save the money and donate it to any foundation/organization who are helping to combat with covid 19 pandemic, doesn’t it sounds more worthy?

Attached here a quote from Senior Minister (Security Cluster) Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob
 "The ones who can make sure there will be no third MCO, fourth MCO and we can celebrate Hari Raya as usual are you - the people.
"If we continue to comply with every directive and SOP issued by the government, I believe we need not worry about an extension of the MCO.” 

Question to ask myself
1.       What I’m doing helping me? Or harming me?
2.       You can choose what to focus. Focus on what you can change.
3.       Face your fear.









Day 14  Tuesday  31st March  2020 

1. Honestly , I forgot what I did already. There was one thing, I presented my first ever ice-breaker speech! It is also my first time to present speech online! I kept recording videos every time I practised and sent it to my mentor for her to feedback. 

The meeting was conducted at 7.30pm night. Although it was only a mock meeting. and I was really prepared for it. So I appeared confident while delivering my speech. 

The feedback for my speech : Work more on my closing / take home message. 


2. On the sidenote, I also working lo. #WFH 
3. Watched Titoudao from youtube ep 2 




:

#Day13 Monday 30th March 2020

1. Reading
2. Compile the materials to make a book
3. Watched Titoudao from youtube ep 1
4. Cooked
5. Gave tuition



Day 12  Sunday  29th March 2020





A super productive day for me! 
1.       Online teaching
2.       Prepared material to record teaching video. As in like I am talking to them, and they are looking at their learning materials.  (It has taken around 5 hours of my time only for a 30 mins video), Planned to do 2 videos. But only managed to finish one.
3.       Workout
4.       Practised toastmaster Ice-breaker speech, recorded then sent to my mentor.
5.       Hubby went out to shop for 14-day groceries , which I doubt we can finish those groceries before then lor.

Note to self:   No time for reading. Woi….must squeeze in time for reading!! No matter what!


How productive I am?
I don't even have a good 5 mins to really talked to my husband even though we are both in the same house. I kept myself in my room to do recording. I only went out for toilet only. Except when we both were having lunch or dinner then only we have time to talk.

1.       No time for reading. Woi….must squeeze in time for reading!! No matter what!




Day 11 Sat - 28th March 2020 


A busy day for me , though things were not arranged back to back, but I hardly feel like I have the chance to rest in between. Anyway, I am grateful that I get to work during this MCO. It's better to be busy than to be free. 

1. Online teaching 
2. Meeting with my boss - discuss about the content , standard to be uploaded in Google classroom 
3. No time for workout 
4. So tired,  I am sleepy as I am typing now 
5. Continue to compile teaching materials. 
6. Recorded a few scripts for listening test
7. Toastmaster speech rehearsal + meeting up with my mentor. 
8. Hubby made ABC soup today! 







Day 10 Friday - 27th March 2020 




1. Workout
2. Ordered food delivery 'Dah Makan'
3.Watched 'Easy A' , it's not a great movie with interesting plot, it's consider teen genre movie. I watched it because Emma Stone is the leading actress.
4.Watched 'Now you see me 2' for twice , not because I was too free, because I believed many of you got illusion-ed also as you watch, so I re-watch again to answer the WHY in my brain.


  - Japanese Curry Chicken Rice - Awesome! and very savoury and fulfilling! 

-Mac n Cheese! - I love to eat Mac & cheese, but this Mac n Cheese here could be more cheesy. what turned out unexpectedly delicious is the 4 giant chicken meat ball with tomato puree sauce, it was extraordinarily good! 

Hawaii Chicken Pizzagne - It was very creamy, and very kao, thus even 2 people might not be able to finish it.






Day 9 - Thursday 26th March 2020 

1. Workout
2. Cooked
3. Lesson preparation
4. Tired/Sleepy
5. Walking around in the house, take nice photos for my instagram feed. Why?  I want to archive every of my 28 days. It will be a history.

It could be very insignificant to mention. Today is the day that my husband and me suppose to go Japan for our honeymoon. I actually quite anticipated for the trip, for I've never been to Japan. 

But amid the crisis, our case is so trivial compare to many. 

We also feel relief that Air Asia would allow for credit refund, then we can minimise our loss. 
Also, we wouldn't risk our health also. 



Day 8 - Wednesday 25th March 2020 


1.        1     .Workout 30 mins
2.       No cooking, feeling my brain processed a lot today.
3.       Dealing with Air Asia Credit Refund subject
4.       Online teaching
5.       Support a google classroom by uploading the content
6.      Watched Netflix : Black Panther  
7.       Bought a book from bookdepository.com (I shared why I love to buy from bookdepository.com in my blog)


-



When PM announced MRO extended til 14th April 2020.....
Today, just when our PM announced to extend the Movement Restriction Order until 14 April. Honestly, I need to admit that I was at first feeling slightly devastated inside, like my whole soul is being consumed. I was thinking, how am I suppose to live without much source of income? How on earth I am going to live.

Now that when I reflected on my reaction this afternoon. I realised that it was the insecurity in me that trigger me to react that way.

But to think further........ Yes. 14 days extended. Economic will be down or remain stagnant during this period. All it was all in all for the long term good of the whole nation.

I was so antsy, I asked my husband to comfort me, to give me some assurance. Despite, he is quite failed (or not failed, but I just don't feel good) in comforting people, that is one thing that he said is right.

"Right now, at such critical moment. We all should do our part to bring the risk to minimum. We all can do this by a simple action....Stay at home."


Just then , I felt a bit relief hearing these came out from his mouth.

 I was so helpless previously.

Upon hearing his words, I was like...yea... that's what I can do to help the community, helping the nation. We all can do our part, despite very little, but it's was significant to everyone.

RIght now, before the matter of health, everyone matters. Everyone can play a role. Although Medical Frontliners do play a huge role, and they do suffer a lot.

So despite feeling so helpless, feeling insecure. I do agree that nothing comes more than health. We can continue to progress, though it might need extra effort , after the pandemic is over.


I also sought relief by reading the comments of others under a facebook post which PM announced the extension of MRO.


Thanks for commenting people. Sometimes, we really need to voice out our thought, esp when it is a positive ones! It console a lot of helpless , insecure soul. 



Then later, while having conversation with my mom. I voiced out my insecurity. She just simply replied that my case is trivial compare to many of the businessman, the factories who cant run their business, and their business come to a  halt for such a long period. 

There are many other traditional more of business, which dont operate online. Is now suffering a substantial money loss. And nothing can be done, except to wait for the time to pass only. 

Especially those bigger scale factories, business. They would experience more loss than any of the individual. 

This lesson teach me to always be prepare for the worst, and always have a backup plan to back ourselves up.

I mean, things might happen without any of us expect it to be. 
And that is life. 

 It is true that the worse might have come if we do not extended the MRO. 




Why did I buy book from Bookdepository.com ? 

What is bookdepository.com ?
It is an online book store that take orders world wide.

1. It offers free shipping no matter how much you buy.
2. If you cant find your book in Kinokuniya, Popular, MPH or elsewhere, you can try your luck by searching it here. (for English material) 
3. Book of the same title, when found out in some Malaysian book stores are quite expensive when I compare the price with the one from bookdepository.com.



What's the biggest flaw? 
As it offers FREE SHIPPING. It doesn't reach your house through any courier express. 

I've tried purchasing from the website one time. 
When I want to check the status, there insist that there is no tracking code. 

When I got the book, I understand why. 
Once it reached Malaysia. 
POS MALAYSIA will handle the shipping. 

so it would be very very very slow. 

It was written in the website there
It takes like 10-20 business days to reach Malaysia. 

Guess what, It reached my post box after around 45 days. So , I've warned you, if you want to buy books from bookdepository.com , you might need to wait up to 2 months. 



Still, I would still buy from bookdepository when I can't find certain book else where or when it is hilariously cheaper than any of the bookstore sells.

Simply because I am in not rush to get the book. As long as I get them in the end, and have the pleasure to read them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! <3 <3
I really motivated when I saw people do read and make effort to comment everytime! TQ!