February 9, 2015

De' exclusive Venue @ 79- First fine dining experience with Love

Talking about first fine dining, I didn't know it was actually fine dining until when I got shock by the price of our dinner. It was only Rm 65.10.(include 5% service charge , and no government tax! )


Maple: (looking at the bills) Wah, quite expensive ar~~

WS: Not expensive lar. The food were all nice and deserve the price. Some more, this is fine dining, it's consider quite cheap already lor~~

Maple: Owh~~ So I just had my first fine dining with you lor~~ I thought you want to save money all the time? 

WS: It's fine dining mar~~so once in awhile doesn't harm lar. This make up our valentine's celebration. 

End of the story how I found out I actually indulge in Fine Dining. Before I venture more into the review today. I also thought that fine dining is something very sophisticated. It has to be

- consist of the appetizer, soup,  main course, and dessert
- must be very expensive
- the environment must be very romantic and French style spacious
- Both the couple must wear like they were going to Prom night, well adorned. 
- Must not only drink plain water. Either wine or the worst sparkling juice.
- Must book in advance
- The proportion must be very tiny. Cause you eat to enjoy rather than to be full. 



Don't expect this is what you gotta see in this post. Cause it's some is totally opposite of it. We didn't plan to have any fine dining previously. It was just we went around the Tower Regency Hotel, looking for a quite decent place for dinner. I wanna to try something that is only found in Ipoh, like local delicacies, but at the same time I wanted the restaurant to have air-cond. There were some bars  selling western cuisine as well, but the environment is just too noisy. In the end, we  chose to dine in here. 

This restaurant looking quite small from the outside. I usually like judge the environment of the place first before dine-in. But since there were really no more suitable place and I am so hungry already. So yea, we entered.


FOund more dining table at the back of the shop.

The service from this restaurant is quite satisfied too. The waiter ask whether she need to recommend anything for us. In the end, this is what we chose.

Also, after all the main course was served, the one that I believe is manager came up to sort of like greet and talk to us. She even offered to help me take photos of us! Thanks!



 Aromatic Lemon Grass Chicken Rm 26
Served with salad, potato cutlet and mango salsa.

The chicken is so tender, don't think it is marinated before, but the aroma of lemon grass is so pleasant, at the same time, a bit of Thai style. I once thought the mango was from Thailand, it was so sweet! Later on, just realise that the mango maybe is can food. The potato cutlet is neither too dry or damp. And the dressing for the salad is enchanced and turned out a bit sweet..which I like! 

What I like about this chicken chop and this restaurant is that they pay attention in every little particular. 



 Linguini Sausage & Mushroom Rm 24
Served in German Sausage and mushrooms, in white wine cream sauce.

The name is so long I prefer to call it mushroom carbonara. Their sauce is so far the best I ever tried. First try on it is O~MG, so heavenly nice. But later when the sauce is a bit cold already, you will started to feel the concentrated sauce is a bit overwhelm, though pleasant.

I suggest people to eat like this.
Don't serve 2 main courses at the same time. Esp when one of them is this thick sauce linguini. Then share among too, so that 2 of you can finish it before the heat gone.



Break & Butter   FOC

I not sure they serve this so that I can pair with the cream sauce later on, or simply eat with the butter. BTW, I only eat with the butter. Usually , people would just serve without oven the bun, but these buns were served inside hot. So the butter melt immediately when we applied in the middle of bun. And the outcome is so yummylicious! 



Crepe Suzette Rm 12
French crepe pancake filled with Vanilla Ice-cream and served with fresh orange Beurre suzette. 

What I understand about crepe suzette is they typically flamed it with liquor- orange flavour cognac. But I don't taste any aroma of the cognac here. Still this dish is quite delicious in its own way. Didn't know it can serve with ice-cream. Such a delight surprise. The taste would be better if less zested orange is put. coz their zested orange is quite bitter. 




This is the first time that i try on something that each dishes was so heavenly tastely. So I believe in  the tagline of their restaurant.

Afforable. Quality. Service. 

It really a hidden gem in Ipoh that I think people should know this. What I hope is that they can still remain their standard and passion in the serving people the best. I DONT GET PAID for doing this review, but sharing it for the notion of every single dishes is so delicious! What I hope is that when people all flood to this restaurant , they will still manage treat every single of their guest as VVIP =D Serving the best. Then my recommendation would worth it, haha. 



Also, one of the reason that I don't know I was having fine dining is because the proportion given is quite ordinary. I mean it's not a tiny portion that you can finish in less than 5 gulps. 

Actually, deep down in my heart, I still wishes for the real typical type of fine dining. But fine dining always consist of seafood, or duck breast, liver as main course. Something that I won't it. I also roughly know that for fine dining that is consider sophisticated, it's quite hard to localised. I mean if you know the core value of fine dining, you will not try to localised it. Must eat like white people. Quench your thirst with Wine. Oh yea, we didn't order any beverage for the meal. Although wine is sold in this place, but we don't feel like want to drink it at the moment. 




Location: 
79, Jalan Raja Ekram,Ipoh Perak

05-241 0882
016-5328779 (Manager)

Food : 9/10
Service: 9/10
Environment: 8/10






P/S: My thought about fine dining is this is one of the western influence from the European cultural. So far, I could hardly appreciate the tiny portion food serve in big plate. But I really love the atmosphere for fine dining. As an asian, deep down in my heart, I will still carve for rice, noodle sometimes! 

4 comments:

  1. yum yum! well i guess once in a blue moon is fine... especially for special occasion or celebration! hehe

    Best place for celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. henry tan, thanks! yea! wish to venture more in this fine dining for several times yet, haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. fine dine for once in a blue moon. should be okay. looks yummy!!!

    Read on my latest blog post: Nars Malaysia @ Gurney Plaza, Penang

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicole chang: of course okay lar, haha. omg, I was craving their carbonara again~~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment! <3 <3
I really motivated when I saw people do read and make effort to comment everytime! TQ!